Character FX TD
Employment type: Freelance
Years of experience: 5-7
- Creation of fur, feathers and grooming for photo-realistic creatures.
- Develop simulation setups for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
- Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques.
- Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the lead CG artist to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline.
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a CFX/FX role in a VFX studio.
- Previous experience on CG creature projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya.
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini.
- Experience in the following dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle.
- Programming experience with Python, PySide, PyQt, VEX.
- Programming experience with C++ for Maya and Houdini plug-ins, an asset.
- Knowledge of 3D-related mathematics, an asset.
- Experience in creating rig simulations.
- Rigging skills and experience.
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- English language skills.
- Valid EU-working permit.