TRIXTER Munich is currently looking to hire an experienced Character FX TD. Under the supervision of the CG Supervisor, the Creature FX TD is responsible for providing a wide variety of dynamic simulations and rigs for photo-realistic creatures; including feathers, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
- Creation of fur, feathers for photo-realistic creatures.
- Develop Maya simulation setups in combination with Yeti Feathers
- Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques.
- To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the lead CG artist to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline.
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a CFX/FX role in a VFX studio.
- Good understanding of Maya CFX setups in combination with Yeti Feathers.
- Good understanding of Houdini software, especially Vellum.
- Experience in the following dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle.
- Programming experience with Python, PySide, PyQt, VEX.
- Programming experience with C++ for Maya and Houdini plug-ins, an asset.
- Knowledge of 3D-related mathematics, an asset.
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great-team player.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving.
- Please send your demo reel, earliest availability and freelance daily rate via email to email@example.com.