Desktop Support Technician
The Desktop Support Technician’s role is to support and maintain organizational computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organizational hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via ticket system) in a timely and accurate manner and provide end-user assistance where required
Location: Munich, Germany
Type of contract: Full-time, long-term (1 year contract)
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and tickets regarding desktop problems.
- Ensure that desktop connections and peripherals, ie. keyboard, video and mouse are in proper working order.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrable interest in PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC internal components.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Interest in IT, Visual Effects, Gaming or similar
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Eligible to work in Germany
We are very much looking forward to receive your application! Please send us your CV, the earliest commencement date and salary expectation to email@example.com