TRIXTER Berlin is currently looking for a VFX Editor to join our team as soon as possible.
Contract: 1 year contract (Employee), with option to extend.
Location: Trixter Berlin
First of all: What does a VFX Editor do?
The VFX Editor incorporates and updates all required versions of visual effects shots into the current cuts of the VFX / live action sequences. The VFX Editor also has the ability to create a functioning environment where the Visual Effects Supervisor can evaluate any version of any shot in the current sequences, for aesthetic and technical direction. This position works closely with producers to manage all incoming media and outgoing deliverables. The work of a VFX Editor is more technical rather than creative.
- Ingesting plates and take care of color pipeline
- Document all changes in the edits
- Managing reference materials and all shots of a show
- Publishing cuts to the internal pipeline
- Assisting Coordinators with turnover and client delivery
Updating the Database (Ftrack) and the Sequences (in Hiero)
- +2years experience working in a Film/TV/Commercials Editorial Department or Cutting room
- Basic understanding of Mac, Windows and Linux
- An understanding of the VFX process and terminology
- An understanding of Film and HD video formats, frame rates and resolutions
- Encoding/Transcoding and have a base understanding of video codecs and file formats
- Outstanding problem-solving skills under pressure
- Good English language skills
- EU citizenship or an existing German work permit
A Plus would be:
- Edit proficiently using Hiero
- Knowledge of Ftrack
- Knowledge of editing with AVID, Final Cut and/or Adobe Premiere
- An understanding of DaVinci Resolve
- Basic Photoshop and After Effects skills
Please send your application by email to email@example.com.
We are very much looking forward to receive your application!